Instagram is sorta my drug. I love it.
I can post whatever I want, when I want, and choose whether or not to fancy a picture up, or just post it like it is.Maybe Instagram was a lot of the reason I stopped sharing all of the day to day stuff on our blog (?) hmm...
Aaaanyway, I've noticed that I have gotten the same questions about the same few tops that I've worn a bunch of times, and so I thought I'd answer them here, so once and for all, everyone who cares to know about where I got them., can! And if you don't... then peace out, see ya next time! :)
In no way is this a full-fledged post about how I'm still frustratingly stuck in between regular and plus size clothing right now and how I shop for myself... (((insert dramatic eye-roll here))), but more just a quick reference guide for a couple of pieces, just because I felt like randomly sharing.
Now, let me preface this post by saying:
1. Yes, there are a lot of pictures of me, but I am the sort of person who appreciates seeing what an actual shirt ON someone looks like. I can wear anything from an XL - 2X, depending on the brand, fabric and fit... but most things here are a 1X plus or XXL womens. Truth be told, I'd wear a 10x if it fit right and looked great. It's never mattered to me what a tag says, as long as it makes me look good :)
2. I know I pull the same two looks in almost every photo, and I'm completely aware that one is borderline duckface-ish.
Deal with it.
:-3 <<< that's the best duckface I could get with my keyboard.
3. I only have one REALLY good side when it comes to taking pictures, so it's usually always the same. (I'll prove this in another post soon, you'll see what I mean). And for those of you who don't have "bad" or "good" sides of your face... count yourself lucky.
4. I LOVE clothes! Always have, even when I was much heavier. I'm a firm believer that EVERY girl and woman, no matter what size, height or age, should feel freakin' AWESOME in what they're wearing. Clothes say SO much about you, who you are and what you think of yourself. While I realize that they don't completely define you, they sure can make a big difference in your confidence, the way you carry yourself during the day, and how others perceive you, especially during a first impression.
5. Due to reason #4, it's no surprise that I spend probably more time, energy, thought and money on clothes for me and my girls, than other people might.
So sue me :)
I shop often, typically only purchase clothes on sale, or with a coupon/reward points, and have 100% free shipping on 99% of the sites that I buy off of. (like Zulily for example). And truth be told, I only do all of THAT, so that I can buy double the clothes. Really, it all balances out in the end I'm sure. ha!
6. EVERY piece of clothing (except for ripped or ruined things from my kids) are handed down to one of my many younger nieces or friends. And to make myself feel better about my clothing-buying habits, I just have to think about my sister and sister-in-law. I don't think they've actually really had to buy clothes for THEIR girls, like, maybe ever! And lots of my clothes that I'm done with go to another sister in law... so if you think about it, my passion for cute threads is really helping others in need!
*how's that for justification eh?*
Alright! Did I cover it all? I hope so.
Here were go!
The Houndstooth Jacket - I found this at Lane Bryant a few years ago, and LOVE it! I don't have a good pic, but the coat has an empire seam waist, and it's really slimming, even though it's long.
I did a little bit of research, and found out that you can get almost an identical one at Torrid, or One Stop Plus online. Both free shipping I believe!
Sequin Bow Headwrap - Snagged this cute ear warmer at a Payless shoe store for about $6! They sell them online too. For girls with short hair, "hats" like this in the winter are the BEST, because then you don't look bald with a full beanie on, when you just want to cover up your freezing ears! :)
Fur-lined Hoodie - Zulily sale. Sorry, I cut the tag out bc it was itching me one day, and now I don't know the brand... but I've seen it on there a bunch of times! It's a cropped hoodie, so it's short in length, but really cute!
Hat w/ Flower - noVae Clothing. Their hats and gloves are SUPER cute!
The peterpan collar shirts - DownEast Basics. Their clothes are ADORABLE! Note... I always wear the XXL there. Most of their shirts have little to no stretch in them, so just keep that in mind. And yes, both this black and white ikat shirt (which I wear too much I think. ha!) and the blue one in the picture down lower, are the same style.
I say if you love the way something fits a lot, and it comes in different colors or patterns, grab another!
Polka dot sweater(s) - Lane Bryant. Again, I loved it, so I got both colors. ha! I wear them all the time, they're thin and breathe, so I don't get too hot, which is nice.
Be Still Sweater - from the Be Still Clothing Co.
Oh man, COMFIEST sweater EVER, and of course it's right up my alley for this year :)
And last but definitely not least...
PJ Sets - because super cute, fun, comfy jammie sets are hard to find in larger sizes, you gotta check out Walmart for the best ones!
Really, I'm serious. They had TONS during Christmas, and then they went on clearance for about $8 a set! What the what!? Best deal EVER!
Come on, if you can't have fun and throw sensibility out the window with your jams, then when CAN you!?
Oh! and because I know you'll ask, I will work on getting together an updated list of places I love to shop for me AND my girls. There are a LOT, so it can be sort of overwhelming. ha!
But while we're on the topic, what are YOUR favorite place to shop for cute clothes? Plus size or not. I'd love to hear them, because I'm always looking for new places to visit!